Sunday, August 3, 2008

hot hot hot (or cold).

hi friends. i am in san antonio now, and the heat is absolutely BRUTAL. seriously, who lives in texas in august?! but alas, orientation starts tomorrow! i've had fun tonight getting to know the girls, but i'm a little nervous about spending so much time in a classroom...

a few business notes:
-if you email me, i will definitely respond (with a little time). but know that i am much more inclined to respond to an already-received email, rather than send one spontaneously. again, my email is: courtneyjcranston@gmail.com
-i have a skype account, so if you want to hear my voice, set one up and we can talk for free! my account name is the same as my email/blog: courtneyjcranston
-i still have my phone, so you can call me in the next 3 weeks!

the last week has been an incredible rush of emotions (to say the least). in the spirit of pure honesty, the following is an excerpt from my journal, as i was writing on the plane ride from chicago to san antonio:

i can't even fathom what is going on within me right now...thank you for making this past week so incredibly overwhelming and for letting me feel perfectly loved and completely known. i have never experienced such genuine love and feelings of worth in such a concentrated amount. right now i am filled with: love, anxiety, joy, confusion, worry, anticipation, and intense loss. all of the comforts i have ever known are being stripped away, or at least, changing in the most unpredictable way. as uncomfortable as this time is, i love that in this heightened emotion i feel fully ALIVE. and i want to savor every hug, every tear, every letter, every laugh, every conversation, and every breath....

and now, a few photo highlights of the past week (in no particular order. thanks, blogger):











ahh, so much love. goodnight.

2 comments:

JJ said...

AHHHH, so excited for you, girl! I can tell we're gonna have a lot of stories in which to relate to...
SO glad you felt so much love before you left home...wishing you the very BESTEST!
Can't wait to hear more as time progresses...
I'm out.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! Thanks for your spiritual honesty, it's refreshing.

P.S. I have that EXACT same Inca Kola T-shirt.

P.P.S. Caleb and I will be coming to Peru in the Spring to visit his brother, maybe we can work out a way to swing by and see you too!